Thackery gargoyle sketchdump
been meaning to post something for each clan member since the original post. and the last thing i posted with him in it was too cute for design commentary :p
- original brainstorming. tried going with straight up a heraldic look but it wasn’t jiving for Thack. bonus first DJ concepts! yeah the kilt came in right away.
- knew right away Thack would be a ‘crouchy’ gargoyle. carries himself a lot like Broadway and Brooklyn did in first season of Gargoyles - keeps his weight low to the ground, moves on all fours a lot. suits his personality type. also bat wings because he’s a pretty solidly built fellow and he’ll need them to support his weight in the sky.
- first thumbnail for their MarchMouse bit in that first commission
- first thumbnail for the other MarchMouse gargoyle commission. so Thack turned out to be a hybrid of the London/heraldic and Scottish gargoyles like Alice, but mostly Scottish.
because he needed the fuzzy ears damnit. generally the heraldic type don’t have horns/spikes/spurs etc. unless the animal they’re based on does… hares obviously do not and neither does Thack. that’s why he wears a bandana, to try to disguise the fact that he doesn’t have any brow horns when he ‘ought’ to. Mally totally finds every excuse he can to make him take it off cuz nothing wrong with you bunny!
- Thack is a rare gargoyle that doesn’t mind foraging for root veggies and other foodstuffs for the clan. his feet are also an oddity, they came out shaped as heraldic type ‘hare’ feet but the Scottish lineage came on too strongly and he has leathery instead of furred skin so no back pointing hind toe and ROUND TOES not claws heheheh.
- okay i couldn’t help it, Thack would make an excellent rookery keeper and egg guardian for the clan’s eventual 3 eggs.
i mean wat. *innocent face* no seriously, gargs don’t hold to strict gender roles like humans, best suited gets the job.
- Thack would also definitely go for more knock-out non-lethal moves in times of action, and use a lot of tail swing to keep opponents at bay.
- to balance out his lack of horns and toes claws, Thack did get one bonus - the tail club. that thing could easily crack a skull open, stay the the f**k out the way! although between the toes and the club tail he would suck at steadying himself in trees…
- if you managed to get gargoyle Thacky truly angry… um… yeah, you dun f**ked up. and i imagine a rage would cause his ears to go up.
okay he’d be able to hold them up however he pleases but leaves them down cuz less attention that way
okay done blabbing. enjoy! be back soon to see your reactions :3 next MTP/gargoyle sketch dump should be Mally…
Another fanart thing from my other blog. Almost ready to upload sketchdumps of a couple other gargs…
recently saw a guy at DCA in a utilikilt carrying his kid to the exit and i had to do a thing.
i imagine they were at some formal event or other and Westley vowed to stay up and party like the rest of the grownups. gold star kit, you tried.
Here’s a fun one from a few months back. Kilts are manly as hell.
(slowly reblogging art from my personal tumblr over to here)
A few months ago a band that I really like had a fan T-shirt design challenge. This was my best submission, it didn’t get picked but I’m very happy with it. Mostly a tribute to their upcoming album and graphic novel Mind of Mirrors.
You should check them out if you like good music - Dan and Leland (you can look them up on Spotify too)
Artist’s promotion on Society6, FREE shipping* worldwide PLUS $5 OFF EVERYTHING by using this link! Offer good until midnight PST December 8th.
(*Free shipping doesn’t apply to to Framed Prints, Stretched Canvases or Throw Pillows w/insert - it DOES apploy to just the Throw Pillow cover)
Also the Any Art Print sale is still going until the 15th.
For a limited time i’m offering prints of ANYTHING you choose, including art not uploaded to my RB or S6 shops. So if there’s ever been some silly sketch or you wanted something smaller than the shops offer, this is the time to get it :)
Prints will be made on acid-free 65 lb. cardstock with Epson DURABrite Ultra Ink.
- Half Page (5.5”x8.5”) - $8 first print, additional prints $5 ea.
- Full Page (8.5”x11”) - $10 first print, additional prints $8 each.
- Domestic shipping included, +$5 international
- I can compile a sketchdump of multiple images onto a full page (see image link)
- Payment by PayPal
- ORDER DEADLINE: Midnight Sunday December 15th
- All orders will be mailed out by December 18th and should arrive before New Years. If you need your order sooner we can work something out.
- Email me with the titles/links of the prints and sizes you want.
You can scroll through my Archive here, or My Art tag on my personal tumblr, and my DA Gallery (checkout the folders on the left sidebar) to see pretty much all of my work.
Holiday Bebe Thea
This is Sindaaran’s fault -_- You know exactly what you did.
The rest of the sibs will follow soon.
Yo, TODAY 12/3 until midnight on Redbubble 20% off iPhone, iPad and Samsung Galaxy cases with code: 20CASES
*Edit: Galaxy cases fixed.
Holiday March Hare
A couple weeks ago I started wondering what the band would look like if they got winter wear outfits. Yeah this is California, but dude it’s freaking cold some nights and their regular outfits really don’t cut it.
So, for our bassist - a light sweater, knit gloves, thicker scarf, a heavier and slightly longer coat (no cold tummies), and a proper hat to keep his head warm. Figure the boots and pants still work fine. T’would be cute if he could fix up his bass a bit too :}
Up in my Redbubble shop already, will be on Society6 and DeviantArt soon. Also working on the other band members.